- 1. I have celiacs disease. I was diagnosed 4 years ago. Giveing me the answer to all the medical and emotional problems I was having. As much as having to restrain myself from the pleasure of indulging in sweet sticky pastry is frustrating I find knowledge really is power. Knowing lets me take control. I like being in charge of how I feel and how my body feels. I am always working to make changes and moving forward.
- 2. One of my favorite book series is "Outlander". I love that this spicey series flows through historical events carefully researched by the author. The story line has a way of getting me excited about a past I never would have looked twice at. The maine male character in this series is Jamie, a young Scotsman who embodies every woman's fantasy. Reading about the passionate jamie who will do anything for the woman he adores reminds me of my Jamie. Everyone should have a jamie at some point in life.
- 3. Sub or Dom? Well that one gets confusing. I am a dominate type A personality who has laxed into subordinate habits due to stress, anxiety and depression. This leads to trying to frantically take control of everything around you while letting people tell you what to do and push you around. I like to call this giving your self mixed signals. It leads to some very unhappy places. Fixing this is one of my core desires and a big part of what this journey is about. My dirty little secret? Even before I lost my confidence being a dominant type A personality is not as glitzy as it may seem. Sure a dom type A at their best would seem to have it all together. Be on the right track to a beautiful future. Truth is, they end up taking on lots of stress and responsibility. Trying to fix everything and make pieces fit in every broken puzzle they come across. What makes me weak in the knees is being approached with enough confidence and suave to make me comfortable letting someone else take some of those stresses and responsibilities. mmmm.... letting someone else take control sometimes feels good. Dont tell anyone I said that.
- 4. My obsession...... I would like to narrow it down and say I'm obsessed with painting or tea or gardening. The truth is when I try to think of that one thing that is my dream, my world, my everything. That trips my trigger and I would drop everything to be at its side, its creativity. I love to create with my own two hands. The messyer the better. Give me the choice to go for a spa day or have someone throw a can of paint on me and roll around on a canvas? No contest. Throw that paint!!! I like to try new things all the time. Switch things up. Find that next creative thrill.
- 5. My guilty pleasure is baking. I know, What? The truth is I bake to relax. I bake when stressed. I bake for fun and sometimes I even bake to have baked goods. The big down side to stress baking is I end up with all kinds of sweet sticky goodies and someone has to eat them!
A big thank you to Amanda from Running with spoons for sharing her "Thursdays are for thinking out loud" writing project with us. Share some love and pay her a visit.